Heirloom Pesto Pie
Rustic and satisfying, this pesto pie combines classic Italian flavors to create a delicious, ultimate comfort food. Our heirloom tomatoes are layered over homemade pesto, along with red onion, whole milk mozzarella, and savory parmesan. After the pesto pie has cooked, our lemony, peppery arugula and crunchy broccoli sprouts are added with a drizzle of balsamic glaze to tie all the flavors together with freshness and a hint of a sweet finish. 6-8 Servings Ingredients
- 1 lb. homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 1/2 Cup homemade Basil & Broccoli Sprout Bliss Pesto (recipe here)
- 8 oz. Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- 2 Sunny Creek Farms Heirloom Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp. Coarse Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Sunny Creek Farms Arugula
- 1/2 Cup Sunny Creek Farms Broccoli Sprouts
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place tomato slices on a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to remove some of the moisture before baking.
- Place dough on a large piece of parchment paper or directly onto a baking sheet. Roll and stretch dough until it is evenly thin. Spread pesto evenly on top of pizza dough.
- Top pizza with mozzarella, tomatoes, and onions. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Bake pizza for 10-15 minutes, crust is browned and crisp, watch closely to prevent over cooking.
- Remove pizza from oven, top with arugula, spouts, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Cut pizza into slices, serve and enjoy.