Sunny Roasted Rainbow Sandwich
You’ll bring the rainbow to your kitchen with the fresh, vibrant colors and flavors of this hearty, vegetarian-friendly sandwich! Get a taste of all the sunny flavors of summer, with roasted zucchini and squash, our juicy heirloom tomatoes and peppery arugula, and some of our delicious deli blend sprouts for an added crunch. And if you’re looking to make this sandwich vegan-friendly, feel free to skip the Boursin cheese or replace it with a plant-based alternative.
- 6 Slices Zucchini
- 6 Slices Yellow Squash
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Slices Marbled Rye Bread, toasted
- 2 Sunny Creek Farms Heirloom Tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 5-10 Strips Orange, Red or Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Sunny Creek Farms Arugula
- 1/3 Cup Purple Cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/4 Cup Sunny Creek Farms Deli Blend Sprouts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss sliced zucchini and yellow squash in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange in a single layer in a roasting pan and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove, set aside, and allow to cool.
- Spread Boursin cheese evenly on each slice of bread.
- Take one slice of bread and create a rainbow by layering tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, arugula, peppers, cabbage and sprouts.
- Place the other piece of bread on top and gently press together.
- Slice in half, serve, and enjoy!