Sunny Day Salad
Whoever said salads are boring never tried this! Crisp textures pair with sweet fruit flavors and savory finishings in this delicious dish. Green apple and mandarin oranges compliment sweet sugar snap peas and salty feta cheese, while our salad sprout mix, walnuts, and sunflower seed bring some crunch and texture. A ginger lime dressing brings vibrancy to the flavors, and if you’re feeling adventurous, you can add some chopped bacon for a nice, savory kick.
- 2 Cups Sunny Creek Farms Salad Sprout Mix
- 1 Green Apple, cored, roughly chopped
- 2 Mandarine Oranges, segmented
- 1/2 Cup Sugar Snap Peas, roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts, chopped
- 6 Slices Bacon, cooked, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Feta, crumbled
Ginger Lime Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- To make the salad, in a large bowl combine all the salad ingredients. Set aside.
- For dressing, whisk all the ingredients together and reserve until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well so the ingredients are evenly coated. Serve immediately and enjoy!