Sunny Creek Horsey Sauce
Whether you serve it with shrimp, crab cakes, added to a Bloody Mary, mixed with mayo as a dipping sauce or spread, or come up with your own delicious use, this horsey sauce is full of fresh flavor to bring some punch to your palate. Our horseradish is combined with tasty tomatillos, chives, garlic and lime juice for a bold flavor creation, with parsley added to bring some cooling balance. 6-8 Serving Ingredients
- 10 Tomatillos, husked and washed
- 1/4 Cup Chives, coarsely chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Sunny Creek Farms Horseradish
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tomatillos and garlic in a medium pan, toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Place in a roasting pan and cook until the mixture is tender—about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place cooked mixture in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the lime juice, horseradish and parsley. Pulse until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Store in a container and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Great on shrimp, crab cakes, added to a Bloody Mary or mixed with mayo and used as a dipping sauce or sandwich spread. Serve and enjoy!