Sprouty Smash Burger
Warm, melty, zesty and delicious! We take a little different approach with this smash burger recipe, which uses two thinner, crispier beef patties for a whole new flavor experience. Topped with a flavorful smash burger sauce, real Cheddar cheese, our juicy heirloom tomatoes, and flavorful broccoli sprouts instead of lettuce, these easy smash burgers will bring a fresh take to your summer cookouts, backyard barbecues, and family meals.
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 1/2 Cup Dill Pickles, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 lb. Ground Chuck (80/20), divided into 8 portions
- Kosher Salt
- 8 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- 8-1/4 in. Slices of Sunny Creek Farms Heirloom Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Sunny Creek Farms Broccoli Sprouts
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- To make the sauce, use a small bowl and mix all ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium high heat until it is very hot. Brush skillet with vegetable oil and place 1 portion of ground beef in skillet at a time. Immediately smash the beef with a spatula until very thin and season with salt. Work in batches to not overcrowd the skillet. Leave patty undisturbed for 2 minutes then flip, season with salt and top with a slice of cheese.
- Cook until the cheese melts, about 1 minute, remove from skillet and place 2 patties directly on each hamburger bun.
- To finish building the burger, add the sauce, a tomato slice and top with ½ a cup of sprouts. Serve and enjoy!