Farm Fusion Tacos
Aromatic Indian spices meet classic street taco flavors in this fresh, exciting paring! Garam Masala ground turkey is nestled inside of our crisp bibb lettuce leaves and topped with traditional street taco ingredients like savory roasted pepitas, salty Cotija cheese, and smooth crema fresca. A squeeze of fresh lime brings the flavors all together with a bright flavor pop, and our crunchy mix of sprouted adzuki, lentils, and peas finishes the taco build with a deliciously fresh flavor and crunchy texture.
Pickled Radishes (optional)
- 5 Radishes, thinly julienned
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider or Rice Vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 2 Tbsp. Garam Masala seasoning
- 12 large Sunny Creek Farms Bibb Lettuce leaves, separated and washed
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cotija Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Roasted Pepitas
- 2 Tbsp. Crema Fresca
- 1/2 Cup Sunny Creek Farms Crunchy Mix
- 1 Lime, quartered
- To make pickled radishes, in a small saucepan, combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Boil on medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place radishes in a jar and add the pickling liquid. Leave at room temperature for a few hours then move to the refrigerator. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To make tacos, in a medium skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat and add onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add ground turkey and garam masala, breaking turkey up with a spoon as it cooks. Cook turkey until it is no longer pink and crumbly set aside
- Fill each lettuce leaf with about 2 tablespoons of turkey. Garnish with crema, cotija cheese, pepitas, cilantro, crunch mix, pickled radishes and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.