Cream of Broccoli Sprout Soup
This time of year soup is on my mind. This is a lovely soup to keep you warm.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup onions
- 1/3 cup diced carrots
- 1/3 cup celery
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 medium size baking potato, diced
- 1 package of Sunny Creek Broccoli Sprouts
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot saute olive oil, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic over medium-low heat until translucent and soft, about fifteen minutes.
- Add potato and 4 cups stock.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow soup to simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove soup from heat, add Broccoli Sprouts and let cool 10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and add salt an pepper to taste.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree soup until smooth and creamy.
- Add additional stock to thin soup to desired consistency while pureeing.