Chilled Soba & Sprout Bowl
Find your zen with the balanced flavors of this easy-to-prepare bowl! Purple cabbage, cucumber, our broccoli sprouts, and our mung bean sprouts bring fresh, crisp flavor and texture, while savory sautéed tempeh mingles with tender soba noodles and vibrant edamame. The dish is finished with some fresh cilantro for a pop of color and bold flavor, and a toasted sesame-peanut sauce that delivers distinct umami notes to delight your taste buds.
- 8 oz. Tempeh, cut into bite sized cubes
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. Soba Noodles, prepared according to package, cooled
- 1 Cup Sunny Creek Farms Broccoli Sprouts
- 1 Cup Sunny Creek Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions, chopped
- 1/2 Cup English Cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 Cup Purple Cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Edamame
- Garnish with Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha Sauce (optional for extra spice)
- 1 Tbsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- Juice from one Lime
- 2 Cloves Garlic, grated
- Water as needed to thin dressing
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add tempeh. Salt a pepper to taste. Cook for about 8 minutes, flipping every 1-2 minutes until all sides are browned. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the salad, including the cooked tempeh, and set aside.
- Next, prepare the dressing in a small bowl. Add all ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix until everything is evenly coated. Store in the fridge until ready to serve. Garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!