- 4-5 eggs
- Splash of milk or water (1/4 cup)
- Roasted vegetables, sliced ( mushrooms, asparagus, tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Fresh fruit for garnish
- Cut vegetables into 1/2 inch slices.
- Bring 1-3 teaspoons of olive oil to low or medium temperature and add veggies.
- Cook until tender. For crisper vegetables, cook at a higher temperature.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and milk with a fork.
- Add egg mixture to a skillet.
- As eggs set, lift the edges with a spatula so the uncooked eggs can run underneath.
- When eggs are shiny but set, remove from heat.
- Add veggies and sprouts to one side of the omelet.
- Fold the other half over to cover filling and slide onto plate.
- Garnish with fruit and serve.