Speedy Stuffed Salmon
- 1 slice whole grain spouted bread, cut into 1/4 cubes
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts, packed tightly
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup died cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 12 oz. center cut salmon fillet ( at least one inch thick)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients plus ONE tablespoon of the lime juice.
- Place the salmon on a flat surface, and using a very sharp knife, horizontally slice the fillet almost in half, but leave one side intact.
- Place the filling in the center and press gently.
- Drizzle all with the remaining lime juice.
- Place on greased baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.